Galvanized Water Line Re-Pipes
Galvanized re-pipes are a complete replacement of the faulty galvanized potable water systems. All pipe fittings, stop valves and lines are replaced with new Copper or Aquapex (PEX) (First Class Plumbing Inc Recommended). Most re-pipe projects take around 1 or 2 days, with minimum interruption of water service, ensuring the livability of the home. Contact us or call 253-761-6554 with any questions you may have or to schedule an appointment.
About Galvanized Piping
Galvanized pipe is a steel pipe covered with a protective coating of zinc that greatly reduces its tendency to corrode and extends its life expectancy. It is not frequently used for water supply lines because the minerals in the water react with the galvanizing material and form scale, which builds up over time and will eventually clog the pipe. Galvanized pipe were commonly used for water supply lines many years ago, but over time, many have filled with scale, which is why some older homes suffer from low water pressure. Hard water greatly reduces the life of galvanized steel pipes.
Why Replace Your Old Galvanized Plumbing?
- Reduced water flow due to rust and scale build-up.Water Line
- The interior of the pipe gets clogged with mineral deposits whose appearance is accelerated by the hot water temperatures.
- Foul smelling water.
- Bacteria and other microscopic organisms can grow in the encrustation caused by corrosion, leading to bad tasting water. In galvanized pipes, corrosion can lead to high levels of zinc or iron in tap water, which impart a “metallic” taste to the water.
- Rust spots in clothing and black spits in the water.
- Pipe corrosion forces the metal to erode right into your tap water. Metals absorbed into water can form deposits in water using appliances such as water heaters, causing their premature failure.
- Microorganism build-ups in the pipes.